Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May Reading Recap

 In the month of May, I read 24 books. A total of 2,627 pages and 170.93 hours of listening. 

Here is a breakdown of the "moods" of books I read: 


A breakdown of the fiction vs non-fiction books 


And for audiobooks, here is a breakdown of the length of each listen. 


And lastly, a breakdown of the format of the books I read. 


This is a list of the books I read this month, reviews are all available on my book review blog

Physical books read: 

  1. The Witches of Moonshyne Manor by Bianca Marais (4 stars)
  2. The Museum of Lost and Found by Leila Sales (3.75 stars) 
  3. Good Girls Don't by Mara Wilson (3.75 stars) 
  4. Skyward, Vol. 1: My Low G Life by Joe Henderson (4 stars)
  5. Junkwraith by Ellinor Richey (3.5 stars) 
  6. The Girl and the Glim by India Swift (4 stars) 
  7. Thief Liar Lady by DL Soria (not yet reviewed) 

Audio books read: 

  1. Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer (3 stars)
  2. Starter Dog by Rona Maynard (3.5 stars)
  3. Becoming a Queen by Dan Clay (4 stars) 
  4. The Elephants of Thula Thula by Francoise Malby-Anthony (4 stars)
  5. In The Lives of Puppets by TJ Klune (4.5 stars)
  6. 11/22/63 by Stephen King (4 stars) 
  7. Encore in Death by JD Robb (5 stars) 
  8. Beach Read by Emily Henry (4 stars) 
  9. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (3.5 stars)
  10. The Miniscule Mansion of Myra Malone by Audrey Burges (4.5 stars)
  11. Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire (3 stars) 
  12. Legendborn by Tracy Deonn (4 stars) 
  13. I Love You so Mochi by Sarah Kuhn (4 stars)
  14. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (4 stars) 
  15. The Astonishing Color of After by Emily XR Pan (5 stars) 
  16. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (not reviewed yet)
  17. Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron (not reviewed yet)
This month I did complete the "Mandatory May" challenge. 

I have read a total of 124 books this year which puts just shy of 50% complete for my yearly reading goal of 250 books. 

For my Ultimate book Nerd challenge, I finished the following prompts: 
  • Read a book by a female author under a male pseudonym: JD Robb Encore in Death
  • Read a book involving art: The Museum of Lost and Found by Leila Sales 
  • Read a book from a child's point of view: Junkwraith by Ellinor Richey 
This makes a total of 21 prompts complete, 42% of the goal. 

For the StoryGraph Genre challenge, I read just one book: 
A Children's book you never read as a child: Number the Stars by Lois Lowry 
This puts me at 80% of my goal, 2 prompts left to complete. 

That's the recap of my May reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment